Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Location, Location, Location

Well in my neck of the woods, it's all about location! 
Robins have made a nest on the grapevine wreath at the barn.  And I go in and out of the barn every day - you would think they would have found a better place.  I didn't realize they had babies until today so I will stop going in and out until the little ones fly away.
 
Baby Robins May 2019
Next would be the sparrows or wrens on the front porch.  I thought by putting the screen in the corners they would not be able to build a next but they're much smarter than me.  And even though you know they're there when they fly out it startles you.  Again, I go in and out the door several times a day.

And if you're a traditional kind of bird, you can always have a home premade. I have bluebirds in the front yard and I think sparrows in the garden in the bluebird boxes.
And the other day I was cleaning out the greenhouse and moved a pot and two little eyes looked up at me - I don't know who was more surprised - the little possum or me!  But I moved the pot outside and hopefully it went to another house.