Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Friday, May 1, 2009

Homespun Quilt


This is a quilt top I just finished. At our quilt guild every year, we have a "yard sale" and this past year I bought a laundry basket (yes, the laundry basket was included) full of homespuns. Lots of scrap pieces but some 1/4 and 1/2 yard pieces.
It was amazing the amount of fabric in the basket - $7.00 for the whole lot. When I was cutting the blocks, I cut two of each fabric. I have enough to do another quilt and still have lots and lots of scraps left.

This pattern is from Kim Diehl Simple Traditions book. There's a couple of more quilts in the book I want to make.
I'm not ready to quilt this yet - it's about 56 x 62 so I'll quilt it on my regular sewing machine. It'll make a nice lap quilt.