Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Thursday, May 22, 2008

Feeding Nucs

This morning I put new quart jars of sugar syrup on both nucs. They were both empty - I put the first syrup on 5/8/08. Even though there's lots of flowers in the field, they sure are taking the easy road for right now. But that means they're working and that's what I want to happen. They look so pretty (maybe not the right word to use, but I'm liking what I'm seeing).


These girls were sitting on the porch ready to go this morning - just waiting for it to warm up a couple of degrees. It's been in the low 50's for a couple of mornings. This is hive #4.
I'm ready for warm weather too!


P.S. - In looking back at my other posts, these nuc photos all look the same - trust me, they're not. Sometimes all the bees look the same - trust me, they're not.