Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Sunday, March 11, 2018

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Image result for mister rogers neighborhood
 













 
"Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" - it's been 50 years since Fred Rogers first appeared on TV screens - can you believe that?  When my girls were little, we always watched Mister Rogers.  Just the best show in the world - even now, it's so relevant.  We could relax, take a breath and listen to that calm voice and song "Won't you Be My Neighbor?" and "I like you just the way you are," are there any words better to hear.
My grandchildren watch "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" which was created by Angela Santomero, who grew up watching Mister Rogers.  So now PBS will have a special in March, a new postage stamp, a feature-length documentary this summer and plans for a Tom Hanks-led biopic.
I remember when he went to the crayon factory and we learned how crayons were made and towels - who knew!  I loved watching Mister Rogers probably as much as my girls.