Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Monday, March 7, 2016

Spring

I can feel it - it's on the way SPRING!  Even though we did not have a lot of cold weather this winter, it was certainly wet - seems it rained every week.  Well, it did rain every week.  But the sun is shining and the temps are supposed to be in the 70's this week.  Yippee . . .
So with all that said I'll do a bee report.  I'm down to one hive.  They are bringing in pollen and I'm feeding them too so they should be fine.  I'll check them this week while the weather is nice.  I would like to have four hives so I have to either buy some bees or hope for a swarm or two later in the spring.  No need to explain what happened to the other hive but if I don't do better this year, I need to get out of the bee business.  It's heartbreaking to lose a hive of bees.