|Cluster under Hive #3|
This morning the bees were still under Hive #3 (it was a little chilly and early) so I moved the brick over maybe 1/2 inch for the opening. That will give the inside bees more protection if there are robbers and a big enough space for going back and forth. I'm not sure I had robber bees but I would be very upset and I don't say this lightly if my bees were gone. Robber bees will strip a hive of all the honey, run off the bees and you're left with nothing. So with the smell of sugar water they were coming from who knows where to get a free lunch.
So far so good today . . . . .
I've checked the hives several times today and they're looking good. The half inch opening is just right to keep robber bees out. Mr. Ellis called and his hive is fine and if there were robbers, they've gone on to another hive. So we both gave a sigh of relief. Our bees are fine for now.
More tomorrow when I'll take the package box out and put in the 5 frames.