Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring - where are you . . . .

This full-disk image from NOAA’s GOES-13 satellite was captured at 11:45 UTC (7:45 a.m. EDT) and shows the Americas on March 20, 2014. This date marks the start of astronomical spring in the northern hemisphere.



The vernal equinox, or beginning of astronomical spring for the northern hemisphere, occurred at 12:57 PM on March 20 - well, I don't know what happened but Spring has not Sprung in my neck of the woods. 
The weather tonight is crazy - rain clearing in the evening hours making way for clears skies and cold temperatures. Lows dipping into the mid to upper 20s. Northwest winds will be gusty as a high pressure system moves into our area. Wind chills Wednesday morning could be in the teens. 
Holy Batman!!!!!!!! My bees don't know what's going on but they know it's best to stay inside.  I'm still feeding all four hives and thank goodness I have made it thru the winter without losing a hive.  I haven't checked them - been gone all the good weather days we've had but hope to get it done soon.  Have bought new frames for supers and brood box.  Some of my equipment is so old - need to replace some and help those girls any way I can.
I want to complain about hot weather - bring it on!