Today I finally opened all the hives. Warm but windy - about 70 degrees.
I opened Nuc #1 first - only a small handful of bees left in the hive. Plenty of honey in the hive but for whatever reason they didn't make it.
These frames are from the Swarm Hive. I'm still feeding this hive and will continue until they stop taking the sugar syrup. The brood was in the top super so did a reverse - brood box on top and super on bottom. Put 2 new brood frames in the hive.
I'm changing out some of the older frames. Some of the wax is black they've been in the hive so long.
Nuc #3 - reversed brood box and super. Still feeding but they're not taking as much as the Swarm Hive.
Hive #4 - full of bees - reversed the brood boxes and put in 3 new brood frames. Put super back on top.
New Hive (Nuc #1) Took 3 frames from Hive #4 and put in the Nuc #1 box. There were 2 or 3 queen cells on one frame and I added a couple more frames full of bees and 2 new brood frames. Hope to get a queen - plenty of honey so I won't be feeding this hive. So basically I did a split from Hive #4.
Hive #6 - full of bees. Did not change anything on this hive.
So lots of bees and saw drones too. I can do splits on Hive #4 and 6 and maybe make a nuc. Did see some hive beetles but not enough to be concerned. Will check the hives again this weekend.