My daughter made the Pig Pickin' Cake and the Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Cake - not a crumb was left!
And my Mom made Chicken Pastry (the real kind).
Chocolate-Covered OREO Cookie Cake
1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/4 cup butter
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
12 OREO Cookies, coarsely crushed
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies.
PLACE 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Pig Pickin’ CakeIngredients
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 oz.) can Mandarin oranges with juice (do not drain the juice!)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 (16 0z.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 (8 oz.) containers Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350*. Grease and flour (and line with parchment, if you can!) three 8-inch cake pans.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil and oranges, along with their juice. Divide the batter among the cake pans, using about 1⅓ cup of the mixture in each. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a cake tester poked in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool the layers in the pans for 5 minutes and then turn them out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, stir together the drained pineapple and the pudding mix. Once combined, fold the pineapple mixture into the Cool Whip. Frost each cake layer and then the sides of the cake. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.