Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Quilt for Marsha

Marsha is my animal sitter.  She lives nearby and passes my house on her way to and from work so it's not so inconvenient for her to stop off and feed Lily, Roxy, Little Kitty and the chickens.  She's honest and dependable and I never worry about my four legged children (well, two for the chickens).
So I made Marsha a quilt as a special thank you.



This quilt is based loosely on a pattern I saw on the internet - lots of scraps with all kinds of animals but mainly cats and dogs.  Marsha's favorite color blue for the border.  The backing are those silly chickens with a fence on each side of what should be green grass. It's a bright and happy quilt - makes me smile when I look at it.  I made one for me too!