Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quilting Bee Shirts


    












I was with my quilt bee group today and we meet a couple of blocks from a Habitat for Humanity Store.   Melanie and I hadn't been in a couple of months so it seemed the right thing to do while we're there - stop in and see what they have.  They were painting the inside of the store today so it was a little messy but they had a special - fill up your little basket with clothes for 5 bucks.  Melanie got 3 shirts and I got 9 (all cotton) for $5 total - what a deal! 
Some of these shirts will go in my Kaffe Fassett "shirt-stripe boxes" quilt.
Stay tuned!

FYI - not all Habitat stores have clothes.  This particular one has clothes, shoes, linens, books, furniture, electronics and the usual building supplies.  You never know what you'll find.