Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Monday, April 18, 2011

The Garden

I planted some tomatoes, basil and yellow squash today. I got a couple of plants from the Wake County Junior Master Gardeners 4-H Sale at the Fairgrounds this weekend but the majority came from one of my fellow Master Gardeners, Jesse. Several Brandywine, Roma, German Johnson, Yellow Pear, Sungold, a small red cherry tomato and a Black Krim so I have a good mix. This is an annual event with The Gardeners of Wake County having their annual Azalea Sale with over 4,000 plants for sale. The Wake County Junior Master Gardeners 4-H Program also sells camillas, Knockout Roses, and vegetable plants and the Pilot Club has geraniums for sale, the Herb Society and the Raleigh Garden Club have plants too. Mark your calendars for next year - the third weekend in April at the NC State Fairgrounds, Gate 6. And the birds and I will have a few strawberries.