Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Monday, August 24, 2009

Patriotic Quilting Bee



Saturday was our annual "making quilts for veterans" quilting bee. We always spend one day working on quilts for the Veteran's Hospital in Durham. I don't know the final total but here's a bunch (about 7, I think) ready to go.

This is one of my quilts.I had two ready this year. I'm trying to work on next year's quilts this year and be ahead of myself. I'm slow as Moses and that's about the only way I can have any ready.




Pat B. put this quilt together at the Bee - it's a quick pattern and I really like the colors - all from her stash.
Of course, we had lunch and lots of fun. It rained so hard in the afternoon - a good day to be inside quilting with friends.