I opened Hive #6 on Monday morning - they have the fewest bees going in and out and things just haven't looked right for a while. This is the hive that we took a nuc from and where the swarm hive originated. You can see several open queen cells on this frame.
This hive had two brood boxes and two supers - I took one of the supers off - they had not filled either of the supers and still had several frames in the top brood box that were empty - thank goodness, no wax moths. I didn't check in the bottom brood box - I'll want a little help for that but it looked full. When I open this hive again, I might take the super off and only leave them with empty space in the second brood box.
I might need to requeen which I've been very unsuccessful doing in the past. We'll see.