Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Monday, April 27, 2009

Greenhouse


I have been busy working on my little greenhouse. This was originally a chicken house that was beyond repair - torn down years and years ago - the floor is concrete and the outside base was intact. Perfect for making a small greenhouse - it can be doubled in size later but right now this is all I could handle.


It's about 10' x 12' (give or take a little). It'll be plenty big for me to piddle around in and maybe start some seedlings or just another place to put stuff.



I have a window for the back and of course, I have to get a storm door of some kind for the front - maybe another window.
I'm trying to get all my materials "free" - some of the cinderblocks I had, some I got from my Mom, the pipe from my sister. The most expensive part so far has been the Quikrite (that cement stuff) to fill in the cinderblocks. But I put old broken bricks in the holes so that helped.


This is a work in progress so it'll be awhile before it's finished.
More to come . . . . .