Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Six Hens - Six Eggs


I'm getting 6 eggs almost every day now. Since every egg is a different color you would think I could figure out who's doing what - not the case. I thought Dumpling (the white speckled hen) was laying the pinkish colored egg - no, now I'm thinking it's Lucy - she's the smallest Ameracuna and very flighty and skittish. Miss Minnie (the boss of the crowd/Red Star) is laying the dark brown, Ellie Mae (the always talking/Black Star) the light brown, Lucy (the dark red headed EE) the light blue and Dumpling is laying the greenish/gray egg. Oh and Buttercup (the golden EE) is laying the larger blue or she could be laying the greenish/gray - it's confusing!

I need one of those webcams and I could figure this stuff out.