Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Beekeeping Help




Monday was a bee day with Mr. Ellis helping me check my bees and also helping Ann. Mr. Ellis is a wealth of information and has been a beekeeper in Johnston County for years.



Ann's hives were in great shape other than lots of hive beetles in two of the hives. She had propolis covers on two of the hives and the hive beetles were under the tops. She's getting some hive beetle traps and that should take care of them.





Lots of brood and pollen. It's always nice to have someone with lots of experience look at your hives. And I like to look at other folks and their set-ups and how their bees are doing.








I was the photographer and sometimes smoker - I really just hung around - like these girls - they just wanted to get back home. And I got some autumn clematis from Ann so it was a good day all around.