Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Beekeeping Gloves



I bought these gloves when I began beekeeping. They have elastic in the arm band and ventilation and the gloves are leather and they're above the elbow length. The downside is they had gotten awfully dirty and when I was working the bees on Saturday, evidently I got stung more than once on my gloves. The bees went nuts - the message was loud and clear - hit those gloves. And they did - many, many times. Thank goodness they can't sting thru leather but I did get a couple of hits on my arms.


So the question was - what now? I threw those bad boys in the washing machine and they came out fine and dandy. You just never know. So I'll head out again and hopefully the message button for the bees is OFF.