Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Happy Bees

Well, I say "Happy Bees" but in this heat - well, I hope they're happy.  I've been feeding them and have put a super on one hive.  The other hive is not as productive so I'll wait. Don't want to stress the bees out with extra space and then you have to worry about wax moths.  I have left the entrance small and don't plan on making it any bigger.  If they were out in the wild or getting in a building, etc. the hole would be really small and robber bees are still an issue especially in this heat. But so far everything is looking good with the bees.  Mr. Ellis has continued to supply me with frames, etc. and his bees are doing good too. 

I'm sure if you're around here the hot topic is the weather - it really is hot.  All my daylilies are brown and pitiful looking.  I've tried to keep the hydrangeas and the pots I have around the house watered enough to live but you can only water so much.  We complained about the rain and now it would be a good thing if it did rain.
Moving day is getting closer (well, still a couple of months) and I'm just sitting around twiddling my thumbs.