Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Wednesday, February 17, 2010

As we get older . . .


Last week I went to Mary Jo's (the fabric mecca for quilters) and took some fabric with me to match colors. Everything went great - I love Mary Jo's and found a good selection of kids prints and Civil War fabrics. Just makes my head spin ! ! ! !

Anyhow, when we got home and were doing a Show and Tell, I realized I forgot one of my fabric pieces that I had taken with me. Oh my! Two yards of a cute dog print that I couldn't even remember where or when I bought it. Couldn't call - it was past closing time. So I shot them an email with my life story and called first thing the next morning. Well, lo and behold, they had found my fabric and had it waiting at the front counter. These folks are just great and they mailed to me - I got it yesterday. Evidently this happens a lot and they said sometimes folks forget they forgot!










So here's some fabric I got to make some special quilts. They have the cutest fabrics - little hoot owls and dog and cat doctors!