Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hive #6


And on Thursday, I worked in Hive #6 . . . my biggest concern being they just don't have enough food to last thru the winter.


This looks like a mess but I left the bottom super where it was and added frames from the top super to make one good super.


The brood box was put on next and it has food but not completely full of honey.



The empty super is being used just to provide an inner cover for the baggies of sugar syrup. I've never fed my bees this way so we'll see how it works. Two gallon bags and you cut a couple of slits in the top and trickle a little syrup down so the bees will know it's there.



I'll check it and see how it's working.










Hive #6 all ready.