Beekeeping, Gardening and Quilting in Eastern Wake County, North Carolina









Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Feeding Hive #6



Our weather has not been the greatest other than getting lots of rain so I've had to wait to replace the baggies on Hive #6. Even though Sunday was chilly and windy, that was my only opportunity.

They had taken all the sugar syrup and were ready for more. Since it will be cold (really, really cold this week) and I don't get home till after dark, I'll have to wait for the weekend to replace the baggies.





And I had not used baggies before but it's really easy and the bees are not drowning in sugar syrup which is a blessing. Brushy Mountain has a feeder for baggies - it looks like a super cut in half which leaves less air space in the hive. I'll make do with what I have right now and see how it goes.